- Learn Japanese language and culture simultaneously through picture and content rich textbook.
- There are wide variety of topics ranging from topics associated with traditional Japanese culture to topics that deal with contemporary Japanese society and culture.
You will systematically study how Japanese is used in communication
- In addition to learning Japanese language, you can practice a variety of communication skills, such as thinking about the organisation of what you say while speaking, using words and phrases that match the situation and the relationship between people.
- You will learn strategies to keep communication going even when you don’t understand something, without giving up.
- Develop the four skills of Japanese language (speaking, listening, reading, and writing)
- The textbook is modular, so it’s easy to follow along even if you miss a lesson.
★After completing the course you will be able to…
・Acquire strategies such as guessing the meaning of unknown words, replacing words you do not know with one you do know, and keeping the conversation going while checking understanding and asking questions. Through usend strategies, you will be able to successfully communicate even with limited Japanese ability.
・Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
・Produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
・Describe experiences, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.